The magic of glamorous hairstyles proliferate our television screens and magazines and tabloids covers. Popular actresses, singers, and TV stars are always coming up with new looks, hairstyles, and different colours every other day. Hair extensions have played a phenomenal role in glamour industry. Nowadays, it is easily accessible to everyone.
There are several stereotypes about hair extensions. For instance, many believe that you won’t need hair extensions if you already have long hair or good volume. But that is not the case. Hair extensions can do more than add length or volume – they can also add colour and highlights. Moreover, they are used as a chemical-free hair colour transformation option that will allow you to change your look without any damage to your hair.
One must explore different ways to get hair extensions done. Different methods may suit their hair type. Extensions can be braided, glued, woven, or even clipped in. It is always a wise choice to invest in good quality hair to avoid falling clips or untidy hairdos.
Some of the hair extensions are discussed below, with some pointers to choose one according to your hair type.
• Sew-in: Sew-ins are cost-effective, low-maintenance, and fairly easy to remove. However, not all hair types can handle the weight of the extensions or the stress from the braiding.
• Micro link: Micro links are also known as micro-beads or locks. They are quite popular and well–known. Micro link hair extensions are used to add both length and volume. One must be careful not to use conditioners near the bead to help reduce slipping of the extension.
• Tape-In: Tape-in hair extensions are semi-permanent. Their main appeal is that they are quick and easy to fit in. They are applied with a heated tool that heats up a thin strip of glue on the hair weft.
• Fusion: Fusion extensions are great for people seeking length and volume, but want the benefits of low-maintenance hair extensions. Fusion extensions might be hot or cold and used on individual keratin bonds.
• Weave Hair Extensions: Weave hair extensions are particularly advantageous for women with extremely thick locks. These extensions are woven into the client’s own hair, the stylist will also want to assess if they need to be “tightened up”. Weave hair extensions require regular maintenance and salon visits to ensure the section where it is sewn is in good nick.
Every coin has two sides, and it is true for hair extensions too. One must balance the pros and cons of the type of extension they opt for. It is important to adhere to its maintenance regimen and take care of the extensions. This effort is not in vain as you would cherish the hair you had always dreamed of.